Catch It Play
CatchItPlay Inc. | Representative Director Won Kyu Choi | Address: 4th Floor, 217, Jungang-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea (Eedo Eedong, Jeju Venture Maru)
Business Registration Number: 795-81-00387
“Catch It” is a social language learning application that applies “gamification” to language learning.
This application may include a purchase function for certain in-app content.
This agreement is notified to the user when the app is first run and is approved by the user.
You can read this agreement again on our company website (www.catchitplay.com).
Have fun studying with your friends! Catch It!
CatchItPlay Mobile Service Terms and Conditions
Article 1 Purpose
Article 2 Definitions
1. The definitions of defined terms used in this agreement are as follows.
(2) “Service” means all of the services provided by the Company through the App, including all learning content and social networking services (SNS).
(3) “Paid Service” means a service provided by the Company to a Member, which the Company charges fees to the Member for the use thereof.
(4) “Device” means a mobile device capable of installing and running the App, such as a smartphone or tablet PC.
(5) “Account (ID)” means the combination of letters, numbers or special characters selected by the Member and granted by the Company for identification of the Member and use of the Service. Alternatively, you can use your account ID, e-mail address, and other information provided by platform providers such as Facebook.
(6) “Account Information” refers to the ID, password, and name of the Member, and other general information provided by the Member to the Company, as well as service usage and billing status information. However, if a member opts to use an ID or e-mail address provided by a platform provider (as mentioned in Section 5 above), Account Information will include the unique identification number (a special number or letter) provided by such platform provider (e.g. UID, App Center ID, etc.)
(7) “Password” means a combination of letters, numbers, or special characters that you select and are kept confidential for the purpose of protecting your rights and information.
(8) “Cyber Money” is virtual data which a Member purchases that is used to use or purchase a Service.
(9) “Cyber Point” is virtual data without any value which the Company in its sole discretion sets and pays free of charge that is used to use or purchase a Service.
(10) “Post” means all information and links made up of characters, documents, pictures, sounds, images, or any combination thereof posted by a Member in the use of the Service.
(11) “Open Market” is a medium where a Member transacts with the Company to download the App for payment or for free (e.g. Apple App Store, Google Play Store, etc.)
(12) “In-app Payment” refers to the act of making payments to purchase learning content (text, pictures, audio, video, etc.), features, characters, items, or Cyber Money.
(13) “In-app Content” refers to learning content (text, pictures, audio, video, etc.), functions, characters, items, and cyber money that Members can purchase through In-app Payments.
(14) “Temporary Service” is defined as a Service provided only for a certain period of time that a Member pays for and is available for use only during such period.
(15) “Subscription Service” is defined as a Service auto-renewable and available in which a member pays a recurring price at regular intervals.
Article 4 Commencement of Services
2. If the Company fails to commence a Service due to business or technical difficulties, such will be posted on the website or be notified to the Member.
Article 5 Service Provision
1. The Company offers the following Services to its Members:
(1) Gamification learning service and related supplementary services.
(2) Community services.
(3) Any other service provided by the Company to the Member through its own development or cooperation with another company, etc.
2. The Company shall provide Services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless special business or technological issues arise. However, the Service may be suspended for a certain period of time in case of operational necessity such as periodical check of the system, expansion and replacement of servers, addition of new contents, patching of various bugs, replacement of new services, etc. If necessary for the content or operation of the Service or for legal compliance, the Company can provide certain Services only for a specific time during the day. In such case, the Company will notify the relevant time in advance on the website or the relevant website related to the individual service. However, if for unavoidable circumstances the Company cannot give notice in advance, the Company will give notice afterwards.
3. The Company may offer a fee for certain Services.
5. In providing Services to Members, the Company may limit the use of certain Services in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the age of Members, and procedures for using Services. In such case, the Company will notify you in advance.
Article 6 Protection and Use of Personal Information
2. The Company may, if necessary for identity verification, notify the Member of the reason (use) and request a Member’s identification card or certificate confirming identification. The Company shall not use this information for any purpose other than the purpose that was previously notified, and when the notified purpose is achieved, destroy it in a manner that cannot be immediately reproduced.
3. The Company shall not be held responsible for any information, including account information of Members, exposed by reason of a Member’s failure.
Article 7 Management and Change of Personal Information
Members must manage their personal information in good faith in order to use the Service and modify their personal information if any change happens. Members are responsible for damages caused by delays or omissions in changing their personal information.
Article 8 Provision of Information and Advertisement
1. The Company may place advertisements, among other things, in order to maintain this Service, and the Member consents to the display of such advertisements to which they may be exposed when using the Service.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred in connection with any participation, communication or transaction of the Member with a third party related to an advertisement provided by the Company pursuant to Section 1 above.
3. The Company may request additional information about an individual Member for the purpose of improving the Service and introducing other Services to the Member, and the Member may accept or refuse to provide such additional information.
4. The Company may use the personal information collected from a Member (after obtaining his or her consent) to send advertisements pursuant to Section 1 above or the information pursuant to Section 3 above via SMS (LMS), smartphone notifications (push notification), or e-mails. The Member may opt out of these communications at any time.
Article 9 In-App Payments
1. The App includes an In-app Payment feature for purchasing content within the App.
2. The Member must prevent third party use of the In-app Payment by setting passwords on his or her Device and in the Open Market. The Company may apply modules, libraries, or other functions to the App that includes authentication procedures provided by the Open Market according to the recommendations of the Korea Communications Commission and the ‘Open Market Mobile Content Payment Guidelines’ for the In-app Payment feature.
3. The Company bears no responsibility for payment made by third parties in the App that is caused by the Member not using the password setting function on its Device or Open Market.
4. Members are responsible for faithfully paying their In-app Payments.
Article 10 Use of Content
1. Except for certain special content that can be used within a limited period, Members may in principal use the content they purchase without any limit or additional charge for the period which Service is normally provided. However, additional charges may apply if you purchase content and items during your use of the network services in the App.
2. Content purchased by a Member is generally available only on the Devices in which they are downloaded or installed. However, if pursuant to certain functions of the Open Market, the Device can be changed and used via account sharing, the relevant policy of the Open Market shall apply. If you change your Device, change your phone number, or use your Device on roaming while abroad, you may not be able to use all or some of the features of the contents, in which case the Company shall bear no responsibility.
Article 11 Cyber Points
1. The Company may provide Cyber Points to Members according to their use of the App contents, and Cyber Points that are not used within the period determined by the Company will expire.
2. If there is an error in the accumulation of Cyber Points, the Member can apply for correction within a reasonable period of time, and after the confirmation process, the Company will notify the Member of the results and correct the Cyber Points, if necessary.
3. The Company may terminate the Cyber Point service upon advance notice due to technical reasons, in which case the Company shall give at least 1 months’ advance notice. In such case, Cyber Points that have not been used until the previously announced end date will expire.
Article 12 Change and Suspension of Service
1. The Company may change the Services it provides according to its operational or technical needs. The content of the Services to be changed and the date of delivery, etc. will be posted and notified in advance on the Company’s website. However, if for unavoidable circumstances the Company cannot give notice in advance, such as a fatal bug, a server device defect, or an emergency security problem, the Company will give notice after the change.
2. If the Company needs to suspend all Services for planning or operation of the Service or when urgent situations arise, the Company may provide 30 days’ advance notice on its website and suspend the Service. Members cannot claim compensation for paid services where the service period has lapsed. The service period for paid content and services for which the service period is marked “Permanent” or for which the service period is not indicated shall be until the end of the notified service period in the event of a discontinuation of service.
3. If the Company’s affiliates cease to provide content or change the contents of such content, the Company shall notify the same on its website 14 days in advance and include related services and may discontinue or change the contents of that content. In this regard, the provisions of Section 2 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
4. The Company may limit or suspend all or any part of the Services in any of the following circumstances:
(1) If there is a force majeure such as war, invasion, natural disaster or national emergency
(2) If there is interference with normal use of the service due to power outage, any kind of defective facilities or high usage traffic.
(3) In case of inevitable construction due to maintenance of service equipment.
(4) If the Company cannot provide services due to various circumstances.
5. In case of discontinuance of service pursuant to Sections 2 and 3, notice shall be posted on the Company’s website, provided, however, that this shall not apply where advance notice is impossible arising from interruption of services due to reasons beyond the Company’s control.
6. The Company shall not be liable for any problems caused by changes or discontinuance of Services.
Article 13 Collection and Use of Information
2. The Company may collect and use Member’s mobile device settings and specification information to improve mobile service quality, such as mobile service operations and program stabilization.
Article 13-2 Provision and Consignment of Information
1. The Company may provide the Member’s personal information collected in accordance with Article 13, service usage details, and other information to a third party for compensation or free of charge, with the consent of the member.
2. The Company may consign the handling of the Member’s personal information collected in accordance with Article 13, service usage details, and other information to a third party.
4. Members may withhold consent to the provision or consignment of personal information, and Members who have already agreed may withdraw their consent at any time. Members may use the Service even if they do not consent to the provision or consignment of personal information.
Article 14 Obligations of the Company
3. For the safe and continuous provision of the Services, in the event its facilities suffer disability or data is lost during the course of Service improvements, the Company shall make best efforts to repair or restore them without delay, unless there are unavoidable reasons such as natural disasters, emergencies, defects or flaws that cannot be solved with current technology.
4. The Company shall promptly respond to any comments or complaints received from Members, if they are justified. However, if it is difficult to process the request immediately, the Company can notify the reason and the schedule of processing by phone or e-mail collected with the consent of the Member in advance.
Article 15 Membership Obligations
1. Members shall not do any of the following:
(1) When you provide personal information to the Company due to winning an event, use information other than your real name or other person’s information, or provide false information.
(2) Steal or misuse another Member’s ID and password.
(3) Transact or sell items, Cyber Money, etc. that are accumulated in the App account through a service that the Company does not provide.
(4) Reproduce, distribute, promote, or use commercially obtained information obtained from the Company’s Services or your use of the Services without prior consent of the Company.
(5) Use the Services of the Company to generate property benefits for you or others.
(6) Defame or damage another’s reputation.
(7) Unauthorized use of payment mediums without consent or approval of the owner.
(8) Infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties or the Company.
(9) Collect, store, disseminate, publish personal information of other Members without approval of the Company.
(10) Exploit a bug in the program or register or disseminate a virus that causes malfunction of equipment related to the Service or the destruction or confusion of information.
(11) Intentionally interfere with the operation of the Services or send information that will interfere with the safe operation of the Services or advertisements despite the recipient’s explicit intent against receipt of such advertisement.
(12) Impersonate as another person or misrepresent your relationship with others.
(13) Engage or share obscene or vulgar information, link obscene sites, or display unapproved ads and promotions.
(14) Induce or engage in gambling, such as gambling money or property.
(15) Transmit, deliver, or disseminate words, sounds, texts, images, or images that cause shame, disgust, or fear.
(16) Change the information posted on the Service.
(17) Transmit, post, disseminate or use materials that include information that is illegal under applicable law to transmit or post, software viruses, or other malignant codes, files, programs designed for the purpose of interfering or destroying the normal operation of mobile programs, mobile software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
(18) Post or send mail while impersonating an employee or operator of the Company or by stealing the name of another person.
(19) Violate public policy or morals, or engage in illegal or unlawful conduct or violate any applicable laws or regulations.
3. The Company may establish a specific type in the Operational Policy for any conduct that falls under Section 1, Section 2 above or any of the following subparagraphs and the Member shall comply with its obligations related thereto.
(1) Restrictions on member ID, nickname, etc.
(2) Restrictions on content and methods of writing (chat, etc.)
(3) Restrictions on the use of bulletin boards.
(4) Restrictions on how to use the Service.
(5) Any matters the Company deems necessary for the operation of the mobile service, as long as it does not infringe on the fundamental rights of other Members to use the mobile service.
Article 16 Service for Testing Purposes
1. The Company may provide its Members with services for a period of time for testing purposes.
2. In the case of a test service, changes, additions, deletions, etc., of data may be performed to improve service stability. Any data related to the test service, such as Cyber Money, Characters acquired by the member may be lost during the test period.
Article 17 Ownership and Restriction on Use of Copyrighted Content
1. The copyright and other intellectual property rights of contents created by the Company within the Service are owned by the Company.
2. The posts posted by Members in the Service may be exposed to search results, other services and related promotions, and may be modified, reproduced, edited and posted to the extent necessary for such exposure. In this case, the Company shall comply with copyright law, and Members can take action at any time through the Customer Center or management functions in the Service to remove such posts, exclude search results, or make them private.
3. If the Company wishes to use the Member’s posts in a manner other than as stated in Section 2, the Company shall obtain the Member’s prior consent by telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or other means.
4. The Member shall not use or let a third party use information he or she obtained by using the mobile service provided by the Company for the commercial purposes by copying, transmitting, publishing, distributing, broadcasting or other means without the prior consent of the Company or service provider.
5. The Company authorizes the Member to use of materials and information, communications (including text conversations), images and sounds that are either displayed in the App or uploaded or transmitted by the Member or other users related to the mobile service (“User Content”) under the following conditions:
A. Members may use, edit, change format, or make of other modifications of the User Content (e.g., publication, reproduction, display, transmission, distribution, broadcasting, creation of derivative works, etc. without limitations on duration or territory).
B. Member may not sell, rent, or transfer User Content for transactional purposes without prior consent of the user who created the User Content.
6. The Company will not use User Content that is not displayed in the App and is not integrated with the mobile service (for example, a bulletin board or other post) for commercial purposes without the express consent of the Member and the Member may delete the User Content at any time.
7. If the Company deems that the Member’s post or posting within the mobile service falls under the prohibited acts stipulated in Article 15, the Company may remove it, move it, or refuse to register it without prior notice.
8. Members whose legal rights have been infringed due to information posted on the bulletin boards operated by the Company may request the Company to delete such information or to post rebuttals to such information. In this case, the Company shall promptly take necessary action and notify the applicant.
9. Section 6 shall remain effective as long as the Company operates mobile services and shall continue in effect after the Member cancels his or her membership.
Article 18 Member Posts
1. Any loss or issues arising out of a Member’s post is the sole responsibility of the Member and the Company disclaims any responsibility in relation thereto.
2. The Company can move posts without notice according to administrative needs.
3. In the event that the Company receives a complaint, such as a claim for damages, from another person on the grounds that a Member’s post infringes the rights of another, the Member who authored the post must actively cooperate to indemnify the Company and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company for any losses incurred.
4. In the event that a Member posting that is posted or delivered is deemed to fall under any of the following subparagraphs, the Company may remove it without prior notice or may decline the registration thereof:
A. If the content of the other member is slanderous, infringes privacy, or is defamatory and may damage one’s reputation.
B. If the content raises concerns of interference with, or reducing the stable operation of, the Service.
C. If the content is deemed to be related to criminal conduct.
D. If the content is in violation of the intellectual property rights of the Company or third parties.
Article 19 Payment
In principle, the purchase price of the content will be charged and paid according to the methods and policies set by the carrier, Open Market, and the App. Depending on the policies of the Company and payment providers (such as mobile carriers, Open Market stores, application stores, etc.) and government policies, payment limits may be granted for each payment method.
Article 20 Withdrawal of Subscription and Refund of Purchase Amount
1. The Paid Services and In-app Content that the Company provides to its Members are withdrawable only for services that are not used within 7 days of purchase. However, in the case of services that fall under services with restrictions on cancellation of subscription stipulated by the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc. and other applicable laws and regulations, withdrawal of subscription may be restricted.
2. In the case where the Member’s payment is charged through data usage fees and the Member’s refund request was made after the data fees were already charged by telecommunications company, in principle, the refund is processed via deduction from carrier charges for the following month according to the policies of the telecommunication company.
3. Withdrawing subscriptions for In-app Content will be restricted in the following cases:
A. For single item In-app Content (e.g. characters, room decorations, etc.).
B. In-app Content that is used immediately or is applied immediately to the App (e.g. Temporary Service, Study Building, etc.).
C. Supplemental benefits are used for In-app Content providing supplemental benefits.
D. In-app Content that is indicated as opened or is deemed used upon opening.
4. Subscription Service is generally nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. We may make an exception in following cases:
A. If a refund for a subscription service offering is requested within 14 days of the transaction date (or service availability).
B. For subscribers residing in the EU or European Economic Area, in accordance with local law, you are entitled to a full refund during the 14 days after the subscription begins. Please note that this 14-day period commences when the subscription starts.
C. If the laws or regulations applicable in a member’s jurisdiction provide for refunds.
5. In the event of incorrect charges caused by the Company’s intentional act or fault, a refund will be paid to the Member. However, for incorrect charges caused by a Member’s intentional act or fault, the Member shall bear the Company’s reasonable expenses incurred in refunding the amount.
6. In the event that a Member purchases content through a third party that has a contractual relationship with the Company, the Company may directly refund payments for the convenience of the Member and may assist with refunds within a certain amount as determined by the Company. However, in the case of the Apple App Store, the Company is not in a position to check whether the Member has made an internal payment, so the Member must apply for a refund with Apple directly.
7. In principle, there are no refunds for In-app Payments made through the gift function.
8. Refunds will be made to the named owner of the Device. If it is difficult to check the account of the named owner under certain circumstances, such as a purchase by a minor, the refund will be remitted to the account of your legal representative or an account where remittances are automatically transferred.
9. When a refund is requested, the Company may request the Member to submit the following documents after confirming the purchase details, and the Member shall submit the requested documents to the Company by fax or other means. If the Member is unable to verify his/her identity under certain circumstances, such as a purchase by a minor, the legal representative may request a refund, and in this case, a document proving that he/she is a legal representative must be submitted.
A. Refund request or record of refund related consultation (e-mail refund request, etc.)
B. A copy of the document confirming the identity of the refund requestor (Device owner)
C. A copy of the bankbook in the name of the refund requestor
D. A copy of the receipt for the payment
Article 21 Termination of Contract and Suspension of Service
(1) If you register false information when applying for the Service
(2) You stole someone’s ID and password
(3) If you intentionally interfere with the operation of the Service
(4) If you damage the reputation of, or disadvantage, another person
(5) You transmit large amounts of data or transmit advertisements for the purpose of hindering stable operation of Service
(6) You distribute a virus that causes malfunction of communication facilities or destruction of data
(7) You infringe the intellectual property rights of the Company, other Members, or others
(8) If your act is subject to a corrective measure issued by a government agency or is construed by the Election Commission as an illegal campaign
(9) If you copy or distribute the information obtained from the Company’s Service for commercial purposes without the prior consent of the Company
(10) If you post pornographic material or link to a sexually explicit site
3. Members may suspend the use of the Service at any time, in which case the Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Member.
Article 22 Compensation for Damages
① If the Company has caused damage to a Member due to an intentional act or gross negligence, it shall be liable for such damages.
Article 23 Disclaimers
1. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities for damages caused when it cannot provide Services due to war, invasion, natural disaster, national emergency, technical defects that cannot be resolved by current technology, or other force majeure events.
2. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities for damages when it suspends or disables the mobile service, or terminates the contract due to the fault of the Member.
3. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities for losses incurred by Members due to the failure of telecommunication companies to provide services in the ordinary course or when they suspend their network services.
4. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities arising out of any unavoidable circumstances, such as maintenance, replacement, periodic inspection, construction, etc. of the facilities for the Service that were previously announced, unless such liabilities were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
5. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities for any problems arising out of the Member’s Device environment or network environment, unless such liabilities were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
6. The Company shall not be liable in connection with information, data, or the reliability or accuracy thereof, or otherwise, posted or transmitted by Members or third parties in the mobile service or on the website, unless such damages were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
7. The Company has no obligation to intervene in a dispute arising out of or between Members or third parties, and shall not be liable for any damages related thereto.
8. Among the mobile services provided by the Company, the Company shall not be liable for any damages related to free services, unless such damages were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
9. Certain services among the mobile services may be provided through the mobile services of third parties and the Company disclaims any and all liabilities for damages caused by mobile services provided by third parties, unless such damages were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
10. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or inability to obtain results in connection with characters, experience, items, or scores as expected by the Member using the mobile service and the Company disclaims any and all liability for damages incurred in connection with the selection or use of the mobile service, unless such damages were caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
11. The Company disclaims any and all liability in connection with the loss of cyber assets (Cyber Money, Cyber Points, user data, etc.), within the App, unless such was caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
12. The Company disclaims any and all liability for damages caused by errors of the Member’s Device or the Member’s errors in providing (or neglecting to provide) personal information or his or her e-mail address, unless such was caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of the Company.
Article 24 Notice to Members
1. Company notices to Members will be sent via the e-mail address specified by the Member, electronic memo, or otherwise.
2. If the Company provide a notice to all Members, the Company may substitute notice pursuant to Section 1 by posting a notice on the initial screen of the App for 7 days or longer.
Article 26 Jurisdiction and Governing Law